Thursday, November 1, 2007

Exciting Life

So, I live a pretty exciting life now. Pretty much every night, I go home from school, cook dinner, work on some homework, and fall asleep to some TV show with Graham. I then have to kick him out of my apartment around 11 PM.

Sometimes.. we throw in a movie instead of a TV show to mix it up.

Excitement.

I just get TIRED around 9 PM every night. Does that make me old? Speaking of old--I'm turning twenty-FIVE in a month. Do you remember when 25 was freaking OLD?!

Anyways, some real "excitement" in my life was my first appointment yesterday with a gynecologist. I won't go into detail or anything, but it actually wasn't that bad. Phew.

My bridal shower thrown by Graham's family is next Saturday. I'm excited, but a little.. apprehensive. It's partly an "heirloom shower"...

I don't know about you all, but my family doesn't really have "heirlooms". Maybe we're not very sentimental or something, but we don't pass stuff down at all. I really didn't like getting "hand-me-down" clothing from older cousins... not that those were heirlooms. I guess I don't have much appreciation for old stuff. I will practically throw stuff away just because it's old.

Anyways, so I might be getting some nice stuff, like... I don't even know what. I'm type-less.

I'm expecting a quilt somewhere.. maybe a picture of Jesus or a framed cross-stitched quote about family. Maybe a coat of arms! Haha. Jokes. His grandma said I should know how to take a joke or something at the shower. That sounds interesting. I'm not even going to explore that thought whatsoever.

Oh, and Graham and I have tentatively secured a spot as apartment managers in a free 2-bedroom apartment. However, the floor is all linoleum and tile, so it's like a dorm room. Anyone know where to get cheap and attractive rugs? We bought a cute couch and chair for $350--brand new! I'll maybe have to blog about my awesome negotiation skills later.

So.... with a 2-bedroom apartment, everyone is welcome to come and visit us in Portland!

Well, keep posting your blogs, and I'll keep reading them. I need SOMETHING to check while I aimlessly surf the Internet.

5 comments:

Julie Anne said...

Mom said I could stay with you guys while we're in Portland. I don't think so.

Julie Anne said...

And I have heirlooms from grandma. Jewelry. There's more to being a Jew than jewelry!

Shauna said...

i am laughing so hard that you made one of the subjects for this blog as "heirlooms". hahahahah i cant wait to see what heirloom joke you get at your shower. SO FUNNY.

Julie Anne said...

Shauna has you on her side thing as Sherri (& soon to be Graham). If he starts writing on this blog, I'm not reading it anymore. You know how I feel about couples who have 1 blog.

Whitney said...

Yes, you are normal to be tired early. It comes with the territory. I fell asleep before ten the past two nights. Its pretty stupid, I know.

Anyway, I want to hear about the bridal shower when it happens.

Also, cheap rugs: urbanoutfitters.com. Ok, maybe not REALLY cheap, but cheap for how cute they are.

Delays and Delays and Delays and Delays...

Ok, so here's the home building update... and mind you, this is coming from a point of frustration. We still have not closed on our co...