Monday, July 30, 2007
Sitting for 4 hours per day in a dialysis center, 3 days a week.
Your blood is running through a fistula (plastic nonetheless), and coming back in through an artificially fused vein.
Following a diet that restricts dairy, beef, chicken, bananas, orange juice, beans, tomatoes, potatoes, diet cola, and many many fruits.
Not being able to vacation for more than 2 days.
Don't get diabetes people!! Get off your lazy butts, stop eating so much, and MOVE!
Anyways, that's my rant. I'm interning in the dialysis unit, and I seriously feel bad for the people who have to go through this arduous process. Look it up on wikipedia. It sucks.
Yeah... I'm bored.
Jobs I've had:
1) Mountain Mike's Pizza for like one month. I was "too slow". A-holes.
2) El Dorado Hills Sun Spa. Yes, I worked in a tanning salon and I now hate tanning. I also currently do not produce melanin. I just turn red.
3) Hogi Yogi. For 4 years. Enough said.
4) TA for Nutrition and Prevention of Chronic Disease. There are some dumb kids at BYU.
Places for weekend getaway:
2) Oregon coast
3) Monterey (one of my most favorite places EVER)
4) Folsom (is that considered a "getaway"?)
Movies I can watch over and over:
1) Pride and Prejudice
2) Talladega Nights
3) Notting Hill
4) Moulin Rouge
1) The Food Network
2) Dr. Pepper
3) Santitas and Pace chunky salsa
4) Cookbooks.... Notice how all of these have to do with food? It is my job you know..
Places I've Lived:
1) Sacramento/Folsom, CA
2) Provo, UT
3) Portland/Wilsonville, OR
What I thought when I first saw my significant other:
Note: Graham is my "other"
1) Hes' cute.
2) And little.
3) He knows Colt.
4) He really likes food.
Places I've been on vacations:
1) The UK
3) The Caribbean
1) Generic fruit snacks
2) Baby carrots w/ Litehouse ranch
3) Fresh homemade tortillas
4) Odwalla lemonade. Praise the summer.
If in a "jam" with spouse, tactics used to get out of the doghouse:
We don't fight, but this is what I do to get my way
1) Look him in the eyes
2) Bat my eyes
3) Tickle him
4) Hoot like a gorilla (uh.. long story)
Websites I visit daily:
Besides email sites..
2) Myspace (stupid, I don't even do anything)
First kiss locations:
1) Church parking lot
2) Various bedrooms
4) Various couches
I am TRASHY hahahaha.
Places I'd rather be:
1) In bed
3) In a movie theater (popcorn, diet Coke, and air conditioner)
4) Anywhere BUT the hospital
I wanna go hooooooooooooome.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I have the best boyfriend EVER!
I was complaining to Graham while entering dietary data at Kaiser that I was thirsty and had no money for the vending machines.
Not only did he drive across town to bring me a Diet Dr Pepper, but he also brought me some red vines. Hello... wonderful boy!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
My mom had stick straight hair like mine until she turned 24... (She had also just had her first child.) Her mom had straight hair until she had kids in her mid 20s..
So, I am deathly afraid of my hair turning curly. I don't DO my hair. I wash it, comb it, and that's it. If I had curly hair, I'd probably die.
So, I have become increasingly more aware of changes in my hair. I seriously started freaking out a few months ago because I thought my hair was going wavy.
The solution: I changed the way I wrap my turbie-twist (yes, I use those and they are very handy), and my hair stopped being weird.
Lately, I have been pulling any hair off my head that is semi-wavy. There's been a larger number of them.... dun dun dun....
Anyways, here are some recent pictures from my new camera.
I'm just lucky he doesn't look constipated.
Here's us waiting for Harry Potter.
Again, I hate my arms with a passion.
All right kids.. Nap time.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
But, I was looking up a recipe the other day.. don't quite remember for what, but I discovered the best blog ever: The Food Whore.
I don't know how many of you have worked in foodservice, but even regular people who like to dine out would find this funny. Will you understand all the angst and pain of working in foodservice? Maybe not...
Anyways, while reading this blog, I was holding back massive giggles and snorts during work. Yes.. work. I have been entranced by this blog for the past two and a half days. Literally. On Friday, someone interrupted my reading by coming in my office for a painstaking 20 minute chat. I pretended to listen and looked at my computer longingly, thinking GET OUT NOW. I AM READING A BLOG. Nerd maybe?
The Food Whore--I highly recommend it.
P.S. I am "abusing" government resources by writing this blog at work. Ooops.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
It's been a long day. I've been working for almost 11 hours, including lunch and traffic along the way. I sat at a computer all day bored out of my mind, now I get to sit more to enter people's food choices into a food database. And NO.. I don't get paid for this. It's killing me! FYI, I'm still at work and blogging.. I'm awesome.
So yeah, I've been working full-time at the hospital and heading up to "volunteer" at Kaiser twice a week to enter data for my thesis. Death. Oh, and I have a full-time boyfriend. My time is.. valuable? tight? chaotic? Even though I got enough sleep last night, I'm tired.
Julie's coming to visit me tonight. We're going downtown tomorrow--we'll shop, eat and see Harry Potter. Fun night! Plus, her and Graham get to meet. Fun. We're going to the coast to catch some colder weather on Saturday.. and then Julie and I work on cheer stuff on Sunday. Great way to end the weekend right?
What else has happened? Hmmm
- I moved to a suburb south of Portland. It's like 15 miles away from downtown, but like miles away from the Portland-feel. I have mixed feelings, but I LOVE my apartment.. I just wish Oregon places had air conditioners.
- I just got the internet at my apartment after 2 weeks of abstinence. Verizon is retarded.. seriously.
- 4th of July in WA/OR was intense! In WA, they have all of these fireworks that are illegal in OR and CA, but legal there. I went w/ Graham to his family's celebration, and pretty much almost caught on fire from all the fireworks' debris that fell on me. Other than that, good food, a trampoline, and sun all made it a good holiday and day off from work.
- I went hiking in the "Ape Caves" on the 4th. I tore through it like an animal. I'm like awesome at it. I impressed Graham. However, since we were riding in a convertible to and from the caves, I got severely sunburned on my legs. They're itching like CRAZY and I peeled one leg all last night.
- I' m poor from moving and spending money on who knows what! Suck. I also bought a microwave from Target that doesn't work. Wtf?!
- I'm going home over Labor Day weekend.. with Graham. We're both very excited. He's never even been to CA. We're planning on going to San Fran, Oakland (the A's game), Tahoe, and maybe even Grass Valley!! Oh, and don't forget Old Folsom and downtown Sac, the hottest hangouts in town!
Anyways, I'm pretty much going to be here for almost 2 more hours. This sucks. 8:15 come already!
Remember my list of wants/needs for our dream home with Lexar Homes? Well, after that was taken care of, there were a couple of design fe...
Well, everyone.. I am still alive.. and I am now a mother of two. Oh what, you wanted to hear the birth story? Oh, well.. ok. I didn't...
Now that we'd decided to seriously consider building a house.. We had to figure out how to make it happen. The thought of picking out ...
We have been MIA in real life for a couple of reasons: 1) Graham has been working 60+ hours per week 2) Apparently, two kids are more wor...