If you had told me in June of last year when we started clearing the land that it would be another 13 months until we moved in, I probably would have cried.
Mind you, that's a pretty tight schedule over the next 4 weeks to complete the following items:
- Flooring: laminate & carpet. We paid a separate contractor for our tiled bathrooms and laundry room and he got everything done in a week.
- Trim after laminate. All baseboards, windows, etc.
- Tile back splashes for kitchen and bathrooms.
- Cabinet finish work (like crown molding).
- Electrical, including lighting and outlets.
- Plumbing (it would be so NICE to have a toilet and not a port-a-potty).
- HVAC--heat pump and water heater.
But, I am remaining hopeful that we will be in by July 31st. I can't be in our current house in the August heat again.
We have arranged our upcoming responsibilities:
- Final grade and driveway.
- Wood porch/stairs.
- That's it!! (Other than the projects below, which are mostly cosmetic.)
Graham's projects include the following (poor guy hasn't gotten a break in months!):
- Cabinet hardware (51 in total!).
- Finish kitchen desk nook.
- Butcher block counter for desk--install and stain.
- Address numbers
- Paint front and side door (I can help with this)
- Finish closet supports.
- Finish laundry cabinet panels and counter top.
- Lawn edging/trim.
Here are some progress pictures if you don't follow me on Instagram..
Anyways, thanks for following along. I might be able to update closer to closing time!