Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014: Year in Review

I'm a little late on my yearly review, I know.. But I thought I should still share some of my favorite or most memorable moments from the year.. I'll link old posts if I have them..

--I know most of you won't care, but I found my soulmate perfume: Balenciaga Rosabotanica. I had a Sephora gift card and I bought it on a whim without ever smelling it after reading an online review. I have some old favorites, such as MAC's Turquatic and Stella McCartney's Stella Sheer, but I wanted to try a new one. It smells a little rose-y, floral-y, spicy, woodsy, all in one. It lasts forever and I love it like no other. It is very strong, so you only have to use one spray, and it doesn't work for all seasons (it's a little strong for summer, in my opinion). This perfume is not for everyone, either.. Some may think it's too much or too "mature", but I am in love.

--I went through some major drama at work. It's been a year since it all went down, but I can't really say things have improved much with this previous friend of mine.

--I organized my makeup collection!

--I celebrated my 2 year anniversary of fitness.

--Graham got 3 jobs this year--and starts his new job/career path next week. Yay!!!!

--We also made the decision for Graham to stop pursuing an engineering degree. Best choice we ever made, and I wish we could've done it a long time ago (and a lot of dollars ago).

--We bought a new car because Graham's old POS Civic broke down.

--I went through old journals and blogged and vlogged about some old entries.

--We went camping with Carter for his very first time.

--We went to Hawaii and had the best time.

--We did our advent calendar again, which was awesome.. but the best thing about it was caroling at people's house who were having a hard time with financial or medical problems. It warmed my heart.

--One of the best things I saw this year was that the family we "sold" the Civic to (we don't know if we'll ever get the money back, which is ok) have completely fixed it up and made it their own (they removed the peeling tinting job, removed the dents, and put on a family sticker on the back window). It honestly made my day to see that we were actually able to help a family in need even though I don't feel like we have a lot of extra resources floating around.

Anyways, Graham is starting basically his career on Monday, our home loan application is being processed, and we are packing up our house. 2015 should be another great year, full of different challenges and trials.

No comments:

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...