Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My summer "vacation"

So, I was feeling jealous a little the other day that I'm not taking any significant time off this summer. I'm taking a couple of days off for Labor Day, but that doesn't count. Graham took a week off with Carter in Idaho, but I don't have anything planned!

So, God heard my thoughts and blessed me in His own way.. I'm taking a week-long vacation this week, only it's forced. Carter spiked a fever on Monday night, so I kept him home from daycare on Tuesday. This morning, his fever was gone, so I figured everything was ok. Around 10:30 AM, however, my daycare lady let me know that Carter had a rash on his face and needed me to pick him up immediately. We went to the doctor and found out that Carter had a rash caused by a virus, which is the same thing other daycare kids had been diagnosed with. So, even though he's not contagious, he's not allowed to come back to daycare until his rash has cleared.. And... his rash has only gotten worse today. The other kids from daycare still haven't returned after 4 days. So, I'm fully expecting to be off work through Friday.

So, we have watched Talladega Nights about 7 times (Carter makes me fast forward to all of the racing parts), Wreck-it Ralph 3 times, and Chuggington 3 times.. As far as vacation goes, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Anyways, I just wanted to post some pictures of Carter's favorite moments from his vacation to Idaho with Graham's family.






No comments:

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...