Monday, January 7, 2013

Fitness Update

So, I guess you all deserve an update on my progress from working out for more than 9 months, 6 days a week. I, my friends, have been a success! I have lost 24 pounds and more than 25 inches, I am down to my goal weight, and I have gained back my confidence. I am down from a size 8/10 to a 4/6 (I was so excited the other day when an employee at Ann Taylor LOFT thought I was a size 2). I am fitting in jeans that I bought when I was 21. I actually like exercising. I have self-control (except around chips and salsa... they are my downfall). I can be an inspiration for my patients and co-workers.

Anyways, here's a good illustration of my success over 9-12 months. I'm sorry about the before picture. I hardly allowed full pictures of myself post-partum, so this is one of the only ones that really shows a big difference. The picture on the left is from Christmas 2011. The picture on the right is from Christmas 2012.

And, because I'm trying to be brave here, this is my 20-week progress photos. The first picture is after I'd already lost 10 lbs.



 
 
 
Anyways, I'm proud of my progress, and anything after this is just going be icing on the cake. Right now, I'm doing a weight lifting routine with cardio, so I expect to tone up a bit more.
 
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

heidi nielsen said...

Hooray. Good for you. I'm totally in the same boat. I don't think I ever lost weight after giving birth to #4 :). My husband didn't believe me when I told him I have 20 lbs to lose, but I definitely do. Thanks for the motivation.

Shannon said...

You look awesome Sheri! Way to go! You are so motivating!

I am just beginning my journey to get my pre-baby(ies) body back. So far I'm down 10 pounds, which is definitely motivation to keep going but I still have a long way. Any nutritious sweet snack suggestions? I am using my fitness pal and exercising on my elliptical. I am going to work in Jillian Michaels 30 day shred eventually but I think I'm still too out of shape for it. My sister swears by Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Maybe I'll look into those.

Shewi128 said...

Shannon, I mostly only snack at work, so I'm kind of limited by what they have there. My snacks include small pieces of candy (haha--they keep me from binging on sweets throughout the whole day), apple slices with a small amount of peanut butter, and granola bars.

As far as exercising tips, the elliptical is a good way to get started on getting back in to shape, but I don't think it'll take you that far unless you're really pushing yourself. Have you tried doing interval workouts on the elliptical where you work yourself up past the cardio heart rate zone for 1-2 minutes, then break at a lower rate for the next 2 minutes? Do some research about HIIT workouts. They have definitely helped me get rid of the belly fat a lot faster than straight cardio workouts. If you like dancing (and forgive me if I'm wrong, because I think you did dancing?), Turbo Jam is a fun way to "dance", kickbox, and rock out to fun music. It's an easier version of Turbo Fire, so you should try one out! If you lived closer, I'd definitely let you borrow a video. :)

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...