Well Tish.. I don't know 7 people on Blogspot, but I'll do my 7 random things about me anyways..
1. I love love love music. I will often take the long way home to listen to more of my favorite songs. That's one reason why it really sucked to have all of those CD's stolen. I also love to blast my songs and sing at the top of my lungs in the car.
2. I am a very private person about the personal things in my life. I only trust a couple of people with those things, and really.. I don't tell everything to anybody. Only the Lord knows my full story.
3. I am not a "deep" person, so when I read old stuff that I've written that makes sense it really surprises me. In an old blog, I once wrote about the things I'd learned in college.. It was amazing actually. (I'll include it at the end of the blog... I wrote those things 3 years ago.)
4. I don't really get MAD.... ever. One of the only times I remember getting really angry (besides road rage) was at cheer practice 4 years ago. One girl was ALWAYS the last one out on the field.. the laziest girl alive. I called her "molasses". So one time, she purposefully took an extra freaking long time to get out, and I yelled at her repeatedly to go.. And then.. she turned around and rolled her eyes and spoke under her breath. I seriously almost threw the radio at her head. But yeah, that's my angry story.
5. I am a natural slacker (i.e. I am writing this instead of doing homework), but finally I have someone helping me that pushes me to do better and not only rely on my smarts. I read an evaluation of me from a BYU professor (I know.. I wasn't supposed to), and she said something about me really excelling when I get something to "light my fire". Finally.. I'm on fire.
6. Speaking of fire, I did not light a match until I was almost 21.. for a microbiology lab class. It still scares the crap out of me, and I almost burn my hands every time.
7. For the first time in my life, I'm not worried about my future.. I'm remarkably calm and somewhat willing to let the events occur in my life as they may. Maybe it has something to do with the guy I'm dating.. Speaking of that... when do you start calling someone your boyfriend/girlfriend? I don't want a DTR. Hahaha.
Here are my thoughts from Summer 2004 about college:
1. High school shouldn't have an effect on who you are--let go of your past self. I find myself being self-conscious every time I'm in Folsom.
2. College serves to teach you who you can become. You learn the things there that are necessary to help you along the way, but you can find yourself amidst all the studying and partying. (Haha)
3. Friend have to be maintained with care. Sometimes, things just aren't the same if you don't regularly check up on them.
4. Best friends can be found in the oddest places, even in people you think you don't get along with.
5. Don't pretend to "not care" about a certain boy/girl. It always comes off as "trying too hard".
6. Be honest. People would much rather hear the truth than some phony "Oh I love that".
7. There are some fake people out there. They usually come with blond dye or bleach.. JK. They want to make you think that they are "the most real person" that you've met. Trust me, if they actually have to say that to you, it's not true.
8. Come to grips with who you are. I have recently decided that I can't eat Mexican food, after many years of denial. I know my body can't handle it, so I have to do what's right for me.
9. Don't be a defeatist when it comes to personality traits. My friend Brett taught me this recently. I am shy, I don't feel like I fit in, and I'll never be outgoing in any way. However, it doesn't mean that I can't ever stop trying to reach out to other people.
10. Being courteous is one of the best qualities out there. Just holding open a door, offering help, or saying hello can improve someone's day. Also, to all of you that don't refill a roll of TP after you finish it, you SHOULD DIE!
11. Being independent can make you isolated. Don't be afraid to ask for help--it doesn't make you any stronger.
12. A best friend can be one of the best blessings you'll ever have. Even though you may lose some over the years, don't forget the memories you made together.
13. Love will come when it's meant to happen, no matter the circumstances. You can't rush or force it.
14. Don't sit there wondering where you'll be in 10 years, or even tomorrow. Make the choices to end up where you want to be.
15. You don't need to party to have fun. It just makes me so frustrated to think about all of the stupid people who waste their lives getting wasted and laughing about the stupid things you do while drunk. Hello. Wake up from your drunken-induced slumber and realize that there are better things in life that you can be missing.
Ok, so here's the home building update... and mind you, this is coming from a point of frustration. We still have not closed on our co...
Well, everyone.. I am still alive.. and I am now a mother of two. Oh what, you wanted to hear the birth story? Oh, well.. ok. I didn't...
Now that we'd decided to seriously consider building a house.. We had to figure out how to make it happen. The thought of picking out ...
We have been MIA in real life for a couple of reasons: 1) Graham has been working 60+ hours per week 2) Apparently, two kids are more wor...