Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Heaven on a plate

Obviously, this is not a food blog or anything close to it. I can't make up my own recipes, nor do I have a good enough camera to take a good food picture in the slightest.

I do, however, like to try new recipes all the time. Graham likes to brag that we didn't have the same meal twice for the first year of our marriage. That probably isn't true, but it makes me smile.

Anyways, I've made this slow cooker chicken with lettuce wraps a couple of times before, and it's always been good. This time, I added coconut rice and it put the meal over the top. It was AMAZING.

Just thought I'd like to share:

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Mango Lettucs Wraps from A Year of Slow Cooking.

--We used ground turkey from Costco instead of the chicken, and used apricot-pineapple preserves instead of the mango jam.

Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice from Our Best Bites.

--No changes to the recipe. One hint: do NOT use a Le Creuset French Oven to cook rice. It doesn't cook right.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Mmm. That sounds amazing. I will definitely have to try it! Thanks for sharing. I always need new recipes to shake up my dinner rut. :)

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...