Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Freak Show

I might offend some of you faithful watchers of TLC, but I've been wanting to rant about this for some time.

TLC is just a glorified FREAK SHOW.

They have shows that feature "mermaid girl", "pregnant man", "small people", etc. They pretend to show how brave these people are living their lives being so different, but what they're just doing is a more discreet and sneaky version of the old school circus freak show.

And I'm tired of it. Do I really need to watch a show about a woman who was pregnant for 50 years and didn't know it? Does it fulfill my life in anyway?

Yes, some of these shows have piqued my interest, but I refuse to watch them. It's none of my business to watch a poor little girl with one leg/mermaid fin, or to find out more about the pregnant "man". Can't we leave them be? It just makes things worse, especially for the people who want attention for the freakiness, like the Duggars. 18 kids? Come on. You don't deserve a TV show for that.

Anyways, just wanted to speak my mind.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

I don't watch TLC. No gracias.

Sue said...

I don't have a clue what you're talking about. But now you've piqued my interest.......jk.

Tara said...

I don't get cable so I never see that, but you're totally right, it's just like those horrible, unethical circus side shows!

Kristine said...

Yup, better things to waste my time on. Seriously, I need to be more productive with my time!

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...