Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shrek on a Trek

So Graham and I went on a pioneer trek from Thursday-Saturday. My feet are swollen, I have blisters everywhere, and Graham's back is bruised from being thrown into the river, but we're good to go.. The trek wasn't really that difficult... it was just exhausting with having to manage 10 kids and walking 10 miles a day pushing a hand cart. I'm proud of myself for not complaining the entire trip.. Go me.

Oh, and I look disgusting--French braids don't really flatter my face--but I'm posting these for humor. I swear I don't look this gross when I look in the mirror everyday.

So hot right now.


I look like a baby in the bonnet.

Our "family". I'm hiding in the back.

Pushing the handcart.Mormon pioneer "stick pulling". Graham didn't beat this girl's husband, so I had to make up for it by beating her twice.
We had to cross a river at the very end of the trek. They said it was thigh-deep, so I decided not to go since I couldn't even put on my shoes with all the blisters. I ended up walking 3 miles instead in someone else's shoes... literally. Walking in those shoes only made my feet worse. I ended up finishing the trek barefoot.

Anyways, we had a good time. We had a good group of kids and it was really mind-clearing. However, I hope to never do it again.

8 comments:

Jules AF said...

The one with the bonnet on is priceless. Oh my gosh.

Kristine said...

Honestly - it looks like a lot of fun! Sorry about your feet, though. Ouch!

mallory said...

i can't believe you did this... seriously. funniest thing i have ever seen!

Shannon said...

Pioneer garb is hot on you! ;) Honestly the things we do for the gospel. Go you for not complaining the whole time and bummer about your feet. Glad that you found some clarity in it anyway.

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........ha.
Actually, I'm jealous of the outfits!

The Original TomKat said...

go you Sherri!

Sue said...

And she should be jealous of that wonderful outfit your mother made you. But I liked the stick wrestling -- that sounds like such a Sherri thing to do. (Grrrr -- Graham for losing!)

Sarah said...

See, I knew you would like it! Even if you really do never want to go again. That's okay. I'm kind of jealous. I haven't had an experience like that since I was like 17 or something. It's good for the mind and soul. The stick pulling thing is really funny!

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...