I'm posting some of my favorite pictures/memories/events of our honeymoon to Kauai. I can't fit them all, so I'll probably post some on facebook later..
1. We decided to rent a convertible for our vacation. Our sunburned legs and shoulders are evidence of this.
2. The view from our condo was amazing.
3. Our first hike in Kauai climbed a ridge over 1200 feet. It was hot, humid, and started pouring the second we got to the top. I was thirsty if you couldn't tell.
4. We went snorkeling a lot. Graham liked it more than I did because I was a little creeped out by the fish. Some of them stared at me with their big googly eyes and some fish swam around me in circles. I didn't like that.
5. Graham brought home the beach with him after snorkeling. I died laughing when I saw how many shells he had in his shorts.
6. Graham wanted to taste fresh coconut again after his mission. We went to a restaurant that advertised "ice cold coconuts".. for 6 dollars! After sipping from his coconut a couple of times, Graham started poking his coconut with his straw while waiting for our food. He then spilled his entire coconut juice all over the table. I laughed hysterically while he tried to salvage his expensive and precious coconut juice.
7. Our catamaran cruise to the Na Pali coast. We saw waterfalls, sea caves, beautiful scenery, and snorkeled with sea turtles.
8. The salt water was making Graham's eyes and contacts sting, so he wore my Gucci sunglasses. He looks gay. He didn't want this picture taken, but I was like.. Graham, I have to blog about this. You know... some guy told me once that Guccis are unisex, but that's just disgusting!
9. A hike to another waterfall through the "sacred grove" of Kapa'a. It's not literally a sacred grove--it just reminded us of it. Our little excursion was ruined by some annoying group of kids from a church youth group.
10. Queen's Bath in Princeville. A great swimming hole right on the ocean in the volcanic rocks. The swim was great, but the hike down a muddy path proved too difficult for me and my stupid feet. I biffed it really hard on my butt. The only other person I saw fall was an old woman. Go me.
11. The Beach House Restaurant in Koloa or Poipu. It was right on the beach, and we had the best view and food. Graham had seared ahi tuna with a ginger lime butter, and I had a delicious beef tenderloin. It was seriously one of the best meals I've ever had in my life.
12. Hiking in Waimea Canyon. It was so beautiful and definitely worth the effort even though I almost killed myself again by missing a rock or a branch and almost falling into a river. This picture is of the Kalalau lookout.
13. Riding in ATV's through a ranch. We saw movie sites from Indiana Jones, Mighty Joe Young, and Jurassic Park. I had so much fun that I was smiling the whole time. I was just glad I had a handkerchief covering my geeky smile. I also got dirt all over my face and teeth.
14. Our last night was at a luau. Cheesy, yes I know.. but Graham wanted to go since it was his first time in Hawaii. It turned out to be very nice, and the setting was absolutely beautiful.
15. Being honeymooners! We had so much fun and were kind of glad we waited to go on a real honeymoon.
All in all, it was a fabulous trip and we had a blast. Now--back to moving and real life! Boo.