Sunday, April 5, 2020

Bar Method Online Review

I feel like I need to comment on the COVID-19 thing, but I am seriously tired of talking about it. It has consumed our lives and attention. Luckily, we both still have jobs, we are getting paid, we have food in our house, etc.. but man.. obviously this sucks. I have been dealing with the stress by exercising more, playing piano, and spending way too much time on social media.

I am now three months into my Bar Method exercise routine, and I am seriously loving my results. My weight loss has somewhat stalled in the past few weeks as I've been not as strict on limiting my calories. However, here are my pictures and stats below:

Day 1 vs Day 91





3 Month Stats:

Weight: 5.6 pounds lost
Inches: 10.4 inches lost
Body fat: 1.6% lost

Here is also a comparison between 1 month of Bar Method and 3 months of Bar Method:



The other day, someone actually complimented me on how narrow my legs looked, and I was so happy that some of the changes I've had are actually noticeable. My biggest advice for someone who wants to see actual changes in their body with this workout style, you need to do a few things:

  • Do a barre class at least 3-5 times per week
  • Be consistent--don't keep changing the types of workout you do. Commit to at least 1 month (but really, after looking at these results--at least 3 months).
  • Try the advanced classes for an even greater challenge.
  • If you're looking to lose weight, you definitely need to be careful with how you eat. Most of my weight loss is related to limiting calories.


If you are looking into a new, low-impact workout with significant results in your upper and lower body, definitely check out Bar Method. They have studios all over the country (but none less than an hour away from me), and they have a great online video library (only $20/month).

No comments:

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...