Sunday, April 3, 2011

My experiences with "alternative" medicine...

So, I guess I should actually write a blog about life huh? Hmmm.. what is interesting about my life... Somebody at the hospital I work at was selling these certificates for $20 for a 30 minute massage, 30 minute acupuncture, and chiropractic exam at a wellness center.. so I jumped on it. I've been having a weird tingling in my left shoulder blade since I had Carter, so I figured I should get it checked out. My being a total skeptic has to be put aside for a bit and just enjoy the ride.. Anyways, the chiropractic adjustment was AWESOME. It was the best freaking back and neck cracks in my life. What can I say.. I'm a crackwhore! Interesting note: I got all dressed up in normal clothes and put on makeup and perfume for my appointment, and Graham accused me of getting all sexy for the chiropractor. Mind you, I didn't even know who the chiro was, man or woman. It was pretty funny when I found out it was a young, fairly attractive male. Graham hasn't stopped teasing me about it yet. The acupuncture was interesting. It didn't hurt at all, and I could barely even feel the needles. It was quite relaxing, because I felt like I'd just woken up from a deep sleep. Did it make a difference? No, not at all, but it felt good. I got a massage, and not only was it lame, it was also only for 15 minutes because my chiro appointment was running late. Yeah, I know it was a cheap deal and all, but come on! So, now this chiropractic/wellness office keeps bugging me to come back. The treatment plan for chiropractic adjustments included some visits of up to 3 times in a week, which would be $30 a session, and that is AFTER my insurance coverage. Uhhh.. I have a kid in daycare and there is NO WAY I can keep that up. Yeah, don't think I'll be going back anytime soon, and I think I'll be avoiding all calls from now on.

1 comment:

Shewi128 said...

Freaking A.. It won't let me correctly space out my blog.

I apologize to all of you readers if it's difficult to read. ARRRGGHGEHASHWFDPOIJWgO

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...