Wednesday, May 1, 2019

New Old Exercise Routine

Look.. I did a comparison photo shoot. Like I said, not too much difference in 2019 from 2018. Boo.


                                              2017                      2018                    2019

But, I got this cool scale from Renpho (only $25 on Amazon) that tracks my % body fat, weight loss, etc, and syncs to my FitBit account. It's pretty good and wayyy cheaper than the FitBit scale. The surprising thing when I stepped on the scale was that I don't have a high % of body fat. Visceral fat, on the other hand, (the fat around my organs--yes, that's not good) was a little higher than I'd like. When I got my DEXA scan (the gold standard for measuring fat/muslce/bone mass) in grad school when I was 25 years old, my body fat % was much higher (I was not exercising then, but weighed approximately 10# less). Here's my report..



Body Fat %

Subcutaneous fat %

 Visceral Fat


It shows you normal ranges of each individual category including bone mass, and it also tracks your changes. Another cool thing is that you can set up multiple users in your Renpho smartphone app. The hilarious thing is if you don't change the user on your app before you weigh someone, it can track changes incorrectly. Carter stepped on the scale and didn't tell me before he did, so I got a "CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE LOST 100 POUNDS!" notification from my phone. Um yeah, if I weighed 45 lbs I would be dead.

Like I said before, I recently changed from all cardio to online RIPPED workouts. I used to do the workouts at the local YMCA, but now I live ~30+ minutes away from the closest class.



I am going to sing its praises to the world. If you are like me and can't help exercising to a beat, or if you really like to go with a choreographed routine, this is the workout for you. I cannot stand lifting weights because it is sooooo boring and I can't do it to a beat. RIPPED makes lifting weights, push-ups, and cardio so much fun because it goes with the music. The 60-minutes literally fly by (although they have shorter routines as well). I feel my muscles getting stronger, and I'm getting more agile with all of the plyometrics in the routines. I just love this workout so much that I wanted to share it with you all. I wish they would have a free temporary trial for everybody just to see if you would like it, but c'est la vie.

The online subscription is $10/month, which is pretty good. I hope they add more videos, or that they had some options to pay for digital downloads or DVD's. Anyways, just wanted to share this with you all.

No comments:

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...