Friday, June 26, 2020

Exercise Flashback

Ok, so unless I meet my goal weight (another 6-7 miserable pounds), this will be my last weight loss post on my blog. I recently took some progress pictures from taking Bar Method classes for six months, and I got to wondering if I actually look different from when I first lost weight 7-8 years ago. I took some pictures and compared the two, and here they are below..

**Warning**: if sports bra or "mom bod" pictures offend you, look away. Consider yourself warned..

6 months of Bar Method workouts in 2020


Before weight loss in 2011/2012:

These are family photos that I never posted because I looked too fat.

After weight loss in 2012:


Before weight loss in 2017:


After weight loss in March 2020:

Ok, so here is where the comparisons count...

BTW, I know my body will never be perfect. Don't judge me too harshly. My kids have definitely left their mark on me, but I wouldn't trade anything for being a mom.

Me at my lowest weight in December 2012


Progress pictures in 2014 after I started lifting weights

Me at my lowest weight in 2020 (same weight as 2014)

These last two sets of pictures are six years apart, and I weigh approximately the same in each photo set. However, I look slimmer in 2020 than in 2014, and this is likely related to the kind of workout I am doing. Again, I hate to be repetitive, but this is a good demonstration of how good Bar Method is for slimming and toning your body! I believe nutrition has a big factor as well, but these pictures are a pretty good testimonial to how good the exercises are.



If you are struggling with exercise motivation, find a workout that you don't hate, and keep doing it. I promise, you will never regret exercising. Even after exercising consistently for 8.5 years, I still have to talk myself into working out in the morning. You can do it! Be consistent and don't expect results right away. You may never have a perfect body (I know I don't), but the benefits of exercise go way beyond just your appearance.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Maybe I'll do another blog NOT about exercise next time, but it feels like that's all I do (#thankscorona).

1 comment:

the princess said...

So what is the Barre Method? Is it similar to Pilates? I'm clueless when it comes to different exercise programs but I really like your results AND reviews. Tell me more?

Jannet
Mjmcvey@hotmail.com

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...