Friday, June 15, 2018

Race to the Finish Line

I can't believe I'm saying this.. but we actually have a finish line in sight: July 16th!

If you had told me in June of last year when we started clearing the land that it would be another 13 months until we moved in, I probably would have cried.

Mind you, that's a pretty tight schedule over the next 4 weeks to complete the following items:

  • Flooring: laminate & carpet. We paid a separate contractor for our tiled bathrooms and laundry room and he got everything done in a week.
  • Trim after laminate. All baseboards, windows, etc.
  • Tile back splashes for kitchen and bathrooms.
  • Painting.
  • Cabinet finish work (like crown molding).
  • Electrical, including lighting and outlets.
  • Plumbing (it would be so NICE to have a toilet and not a port-a-potty).
  • HVAC--heat pump and water heater.

But, I am remaining hopeful that we will be in by July 31st. I can't be in our current house in the August heat again.

We have arranged our upcoming responsibilities:

  • Final grade and driveway.
  • Hydroseeding.
  • Wood porch/stairs.
  • That's it!! (Other than the projects below, which are mostly cosmetic.)

Graham's projects include the following (poor guy hasn't gotten a break in months!):
  • Cabinet hardware (51 in total!).
  • Finish kitchen desk nook.
  • Butcher block counter for desk--install and stain.
  • Address numbers
  • Paint front and side door (I can help with this)
  • Finish closet supports.
  • Finish laundry cabinet panels and counter top.
  • Lawn edging/trim.

Here are some progress pictures if you don't follow me on Instagram..












Anyways, thanks for following along. I might be able to update closer to closing time!

Update: Curious about our progress? Click on this link to see all of our home building updates, or check out my Instagram account for continuous updates.

1 comment:

katie b. p. said...

Looks like my dream house!!

New home blog coming soon

I have received a lot of questions via email about how the home is holding up for the past 2.5 years. I plan to do a detailed update on our ...